Maybe you voted for him enthusiastically.
Maybe you did so reluctantly.
Maybe you didn’t at all.
Whatever. We should give him a chance to succeed for all of us.
Georgia’s special election will not just decide who represents Georgia. It will also decide whether Mitch McConnell controls the Senate.
The United States Senate is now almost evenly divided between Republicans and Democrats. If Georgia elects even just one Republican Senator, then Mitch McConnell will be Majority Leader of the Senate, the most powerful position in government next to the President.
If Mitch McConnell wins,
McConnell has made it his career to block important changes that would help ordinary Americans. It is because of McConnell that:
- Congress has passed no COVID relief since last spring
- Congress has not updated law securing and enabling the vote
- Congress has not even considered laws to end the corruption of money in politics.
McConnell has promised more of the same if he controls the Senate. He has promised to stop every important Biden initiative — because he can. If McConnell wins, we’ll see four more years of stalemate: No programs to address COVID, no programs to get our economy moving again, no help to people who are suffering, no chance to make our democracy work again.
Help us STOP McConnell and
GIVE JOE A CHANCE
If Georgia goes blue, then Joe Biden will have a chance to deliver on the promises he has made.
- Immediate aid to deal with the pandemic
- Extended unemployment benefits for people who lost jobs during the crisis
- A new round of aid for small businesses.
- Expansion of the Affordable Care Act
- Ambitious infrastructure projects
- Transition to a more carbon-free energy sector